Monday, April 19, 2010

My New Hybrid

                                  



+






I Just started my new hybrid combination consisting of Babolat Pro Hurricane (17g) in the mains with Tecnifibre X-One Biphase (17g) in the crosses. I play with three Dunlop Vision 102 racquets all weighted to about 12 ounces.

I strung one racquet at 61lbs in the mains and 63lbs in the crosses. I thought I would need to keep the Pro Hurricane at a lower tension since it is a little rigid, but I found out it has excellent playability for a mono-filament string. My second racquet was strung at 63lbs in the mains and 62lbs in the crosses.

So far, they both play excellent. I'm getting nice power and control on my ground-strokes. However, the 63/62 seems to work a little better on the serves and when I string my third racquet with the same hybrid, I might go up to 65/63. So far, I'm more than happy, yet I can't speak for the durability as I've only played about two hours with each racquet.

---I'm a 4.5 rated, hard-hitting baseliner for the most part; just to give a little more background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis