Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update on Gamma Hybrid

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the length between posts--I've been busy getting my new website up and running. I pulled my hair out for two days trying to go the technical route that my uber-computer-geek friends recommended before I decide to stick with a format I was familiar with. But I digress.


I had a chance to hit with my new Gamma ZO Magic/Live-Wire Hybrid. Here is the verdict:

It hit fairly well, but the ZO Magic was very stiff which one would expect from a poly-mono string, but considering it is one of their high-end mono strings, I was expecting a bit more from it. Overall, the hybrid hit like a slightly better than average synthetic gut--I'm sure the durability will far surpass that of a typical syn-gut however.

It could also be that I strung it too tight. I went a couple pounds higher than my Babolat Hurricane/Tecnifibre Hybrid. I might try it again and go down 2-3 pounds, which might make a difference. But for the price, which was in the range of my other hybrid, I can't say it's worth the money.

Also: as soon as I get my digital fish scale delivered (it was supposed to be here a few days ago) I'll try it out and take some pretty pictures and post about how it works--I'm afraid to know how off my tensioner is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis